STADIUM PREPARES FOR FIRST FULL HOUSE EVENT

Preparations for the first "full house" at Suncorp Stadium - State of Origin game 1 on Wednesday - have stepped up a gear, following a detailed assessment of last Sunday's "dress rehearsal" opening event.

Suncorp Stadium Chief Executive Officer, Geoff Donaghy said following debriefings with Police, transport authorities and local community groups this week, some operational fine-tuning had been undertaken and all was in readiness for Wednesday's blockbuster.

He said extra trains and busses had been scheduled on Wednesday night to accommodate the extra 6,000 patrons attending the match. "Given the event is being held mid-week, and that the gates open leading up to city peak hour traffic conditions, it is vital that people heed the 'catch public transport' message."

Mr Donaghy said when all methods of travel were taken into account, nearly 87 percent of patrons caught public transport to the Stadium last week. "We are aiming for a similar or even better response on Wednesday to ensure patrons experience a comfortable and enjoyable event."

Mr Donaghy reminded patrons there was no parking at the Stadium, or within the Lang Park Traffic Area which is about a 1.5km radius of the Stadium.
"Several vehicles were towed away last week for illegal parking, and this will be strictly enforced again on Wednesday."

Mr Donaghy reminded patrons that public transport to and from all games at the Stadium was free and that all they had to do was shown their game ticket
when boarding these services.

Patrons are also urged to arrive early to avoid congestion, enter through the proper gates shown on the ticket, and be aware of what they can and can't
bring into the Stadium.

"Anyone seeking more information is encouraged to call the Stadium office on 3331 5000," Mr Donaghy said.

June 8, 2003
For further information, contact Greg Adermann, Communications
Manager, Suncorp Stadium, on 3331 5162 or 0419 729972.