The first concert at the redeveloped Suncorp Stadium was a resounding success.
The following is a summary of operational issues from the Robbie Williams concert held at the Stadium on Wednesday, 13 December.
- The official crowd was 52,411.
- There were seven calls to the noise hotline throughout the day and during the concert. All related to noise but one also complained about a traffic issue.
- There were two instances where the noise went slightly over the limit. Crowd noise was a contributing factor. These issues were addressed immediately.
- There were only six evictions on the night. There were no arrests.
- Public transport - no problems. Every patron was in the Stadium on time. Clearance time on public transport was 54 minutes.
- There were no ticket scalping issues.
These figures compare very favourably with other full-house football events held since the redeveloped venue opened in June 2003.
14 December 2006
For further information, please contact Greg Adermann, Suncorp Stadium Communications Manager, on 0419 729972